Friday, January 28, 2011

Marbles

I had been looking everywhere for marbles. I wanted them for Abriella to play with and for an art project I had in mind. It took me months to finally find a bag of marbles at Toys R' Us in the dollar section. Not where I would have expected to find them but I am glad that I did. Abriella got them for Christmas and we finally got to use them for our project the other day. I'm so glad that she loved it as much as I thought she would. I think it is going on our list of favorite projects!!

First you have to put all the marbles in the paint...


Then you have to get them out... and put them in the box on the paper

and shake it all around (her favorite part)

It's a bit messy...

some more shaking...

the second after this picture was snapped all the marbles rolled out onto the floor (the only time though)

then since she wasn't messy enough she decided to start fingerpainting...

time to clean up...


She loved it so much that she made 3 paintings. Cleaning up was even fun. We filled up the bathroom sink and she cleaned her marbles (and her hands, and her princesses, and ...) and poured water from measuring cup to measuring cup to her hearts content. In fact the sink full of water has been requested several times already since then! A great activity for a cold snowy day!

No comments: