Sunday, July 3, 2011

Books and Braids

Abriella has been having so much fun with her books on cd.

We started getting them for her because we decided to take a tv break. She had been watching what I would call too much tv and it got to the point that it was all she would ask for... tv, movies, computer games! And when the answer was no... oh the tears...uggh! Plus it's summer, she should be playing. So we decided to see how a tv break went... and the answer is amazingly well. There were no tantrums, no tears, and no more whining!! Ahhh. In exchange I tried to find something that would keep her busy that was more educational and still "electronic" since she is a plugged in kid, but would hopefully not cause fits. She loves it and will listen to book after book. We still have fun reading, but now if I have to go put Oliver down for a nap or clean up the kitchen she is so happy to pick a book and sit down to follow along with her cd. I hope we can find more good ones to check out of the library.

Also, I'm so excited that I can finally find out what it's like to have a little girl who will let me fix her hair! I know it may seem silly, but I was so happy that she sat down and let me french braid her hair. Now it is her new favorite thing and she gets to pretend she is "Tangled" :) She's so cute.


I'm not sure what we will be doing tomorrow for the 4th but I wish everyone a safe and happy holiday!

No comments: