Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree

With all the rain and gloomy weather we've had it's kind of a miracle that we made it out to cut down our Christmas tree. I love going out to chop down our tree from a tree farm. It's such a special tradition to me and I look forward to it every year.


I always have these hopes of finding the absolutely perfect one, and getting pictures of the kids running through the rows of trees hunting along with me for the right one. Well as usual things didn't go quite as I had in my mind. We had one kid running through the rows of trees, but with no mind to where we were... and we almost lost her more than one. The other spent most of the time in my arms or screaming... and that was it. We had planned on going on the weekend but with the chance of rain likely, we jumped in the car and hit the road... right at someone's naptime. It didn't bode well for us! We found the "perfect" tree though, after looking through them all, right back up at the front. And we got a few pictures with it before our hero chopped it down :)


We saw some reindeer.

Fed some goats.

And got dirty... of course.

Then we ventured inside while they got our tree all ready... saw the nativity

had some cocoa and watched the train

got in trouble with all the sparkly ornaments

and made it home

Now decorating... that's a whole other story!

No comments: