Friday, May 22, 2009

At The Zoo

Eric and I actually had a day to take Abriella to the zoo. With our schedules it is very rare that we have time to go on any adventures so it was exciting when we were finally able to make plans to go to the zoo. We'd been wanting to take Abriella since this time last year but never were able to make it. So we thought that this would be a good time since she looooves animals and knows that a cat says miaow, a dog say boof, a sheep says baaaaaaahhhhh, a cow says moo, a duck says qack, a horse says neiiiiiiigh, and a pig says lalala :) Yet, once we got there she showed more interst in pushing the stroller (yet again), looking at the waterfalls and flowers, and trying to eat mulch. Not quite as successful as we had hoped. Yet, it was a beautiful day and mostly enjoyable.

It took me quite awhile to get through all the pics (I took way too many) but here are some of my favs. I'll try not to over do it :)

Baby Galapagos



The cat house made me sad. They were all in tiny little areas inside all the time and it smelled so bad. I really hope they are being taken care of. This is why I have a hard time with the zoo and why Abriella won't ever go to the circus.


I loved these monkeys, they were jumping all around making crazy noises. (Check out his throat)






haha... we asked her if she loved the elephant!! She's all about the love.















It was a nice day and I, of course, loved all the photo opportunities. I did learn though that a 200mm lens is a lot heavier than a 50mm lens and I better lay off the coffee if I really want shots in good focus :) Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoyed seeing some of them, if you made it this far :)

Have a Safe and Happy Memorial Day Weekend!!

No comments: